Petaccio's Driving School Rules
Our Driving Rules
A $75 non-refundable deposit must be paid before any lessons can be scheduled.
Permit must be with the student for the lesson to begin. Failure to have the driving permit in hand will result in a late cancellation fee and lesson cancellation.
Proper shoes required. No open toe sandals.
There is a $75 cancellation fee when lessons are cancelled for any reason not the fault of Petaccio's Driving School unless a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. Notice must be delivered by phone durning regular business hours. (Mon. - Fri. 11AM to 5PM)
Cancellations due to weather are at the discretion of Petaccio's Driving School.
Contract must be signed by the person responsible for payment.
Pennsylvania Driving Rules
Obtaining Your Driver's License
An initial Learner's Permit is issued to any individual, 16 years of age or older, who has never been licensed to operate a vehicle, a new resident who has never been licensed, or a new resident who has been licensed in another state but whose driver's license has been expired longer than 6 months. If you are a new resident to PA, please visit our New Resident information page.
Acquire a Pennsylvania Driver's Manual from a local Driver License Center, or on this website.
Have a physician, physician assistant, certified registered nurse practitioner or chiropractor conduct a physical examination and complete Form DL-180 "Medical Qualification Certificate."
Visit a Driver License Center with:
- The completed DL-180
- The completed DL-180TD (if under the age 18). This form must be completed by a parent, guardian, or spouse who is 18 years of age or older.
- Proof of identity, which is listed on reverse side of DL-180. Note: If you are changing your name, you must present original documents supporting name changes such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order.
- Two acceptable proofs of residency, listed on reverse side of DL-180, if you are 18 years of age or older. Proof of residency is not required if you are age 16 or 17.
- Your Social Security card.
- A check or money order payable to PennDOT for the appropriate fee. (Cash is not accepted.)
An eye screening and Knowledge Test will be given. Once passed, a Learner's Permit will be issued. The Learner's Permit will be valid for one year. If you are under age 18, a six-month waiting period and 65 hours behind the wheel driving experience is required prior to taking the skills test.
Schedule a road test either online or by calling 1-800-423-5542.
When visiting a Driver License Center to take your road test, please be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Your valid learner's permit
- Parent or Guardian Certification Form DL-180C, if applicant is under 18 years of age
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Accompanying driver's valid driver's license